The hair type of African American women is mainly dry and hair is more prone to breakage. There are many tips available to keep your hair healthy and shiny. But, if you want to keep your hair healthy then you should make a good hair care routine. Good hair care simply requires an understanding of your hair type and the care that it requires. Here are some hair care tips for you.
Hair care tips for black women
- The first and the main step of hair care routine is to use products that are specifically designed for black hair.
- What you eat has a direct impact on your hair’s health. If you want healthy – shiny hair then first, try to make a healthy hair diet menu by including lots of fruits and vegetables, foods rich in proteins. Also, include vitamins such as A, B6, B12, E, niacin, etc
- Even though, black women natural hairs are dark, thick and mostly have some curls. So, being black women, if you are fond of straight and smooth hairs, it is recommended to use only the best professional hair straightener, which is Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium flat iron. The best feature of this hair straightener is temperature control. It has wide plate and temperature of up to 500 degree, which is best suitable for black thick and curly hairs.
Washing Black Hair
- Try to wash your hair at least every 4-5 days.
- If you are with short hair then scrub your scalp thoroughly while washing. But, on the other hand, if your hair is long then- be gentle! gently work the shampoo through your hair, rinse thoroughly and repeat the process one or two times more
- Dived your hair in several sections and gently rinse off the shampoo.
- It is also a good idea to use a hot oil or deep conditioning treatment at least once a month to keep hair healthy and manageable.
- “Avoid rubbing –while drying” means do not rub your hair vigorously while drying. Letting them dry naturally is the best option.